You can provide your cat with hours of entertainment as well as a safe and warm place to sleep with a cat house. You can shell out money on the industrial versions of cat houses in stores, but they are relatively easy to make yourself. You can add or remove as many features as you want to customize the cat house for your pet if you finish this project on your own.
1. Go out and acquire the following from your hardware store: 1-4×8 sheet of 3/8″plywood, 3-2x4x8 stud, 1 box of 5/8″ wood screws and some carpet remnants.
2. So that you are eventually left with 2 evenly sized 4′x4′ squares, cut your plywood in half. Take the parts you have and cut them in half again so you have four pieces. What you should be wanting at now is 8- 2′x2′ equally sized pieces. These will be the walls and the roof and floor of the cat house.
3. Slash all three of your 2x4x8 studs into equal 2′ lengths. You must currently possess twelve 2′ sections.
4. Configure the stud pieces into the form of a box and affix all of them with the wood screws.
5. Connect the floor, roof, side pieces, and back board to the body with wood screws.
6. Slash a tiny opening into the front panel, large enough for the cat to without difficulty walk in and out but not too substantial as to permit in a draft, and then connect it to the shape.
7. The carpet remnants should at this point be used to cover the entire house. The carpet ought to be fastened with a staple gun. The furniture should today be safe from scratching and stretching thank you to the cat house.
8. You should now put a pre-made cat bed or comfortable blanket as bed material for the cat to nest in.
Your self-made cat house is now complete. This house should stay indoors as it has no way to guard itself from the rain. Rain runoff, however, can be stopped by getting a triangular frame and nailing some shingles to it. As you want to stay away from rot, you should not leave the carpet remains off of your house if you decide to move the cat house outside. Adding a coat of sealant is what you can do to protect the house from the rain if you will be preserving the cat house outside.
You can give your cat a comfy and safe place to sleep without being too extravagant or costly. You can tweak the rules layed out above to improve your cat house.Mail this post